The NSW Government has released a new Grant available for your small business where you have experienced a 30% decline in turnover as a result of COVID-19. You may be eligible for a small business recovery grant of up to $3,000 even if you received the COVID $10,000 grant before 30 June.
This grant is to assist small businesses meet the costs of safely reopening or up-scaling operations (“Eligible Expenses”). These expenses include, but are not limited to:
- fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts)
- staff training and counselling
- business advice and continuity planning
- cleaning products and additional cleaning services
- additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures
- marketing, communications and advertising
- digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites).
This grant must be used for purchases of Eligible Expenses made from 1 July 2020, for which no other government support is available.
To be Eligible for this grant, you must as at 1 March 2020:
- be a small business or a not-for-profit organisation based in NSW
- have an ABN registered in NSW
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence).
- have experienced at least 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- employ less than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff (non-employing businesses can apply) where the payroll is below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- be in a highly impacted industry by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 (see guidelines) Note: businesses that are not on the list of highly impacted industries are not able to access the Grant.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Note: Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 16 August 2020.
Click below for Information about all other funding avenues that you can access to keep your business running and employees in work for all NSW small businesses; including other Government Grants and loans. https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/businesses-and-employment/financial-assistance