If you haven’t lodged your 2019 tax return then now is the time to lodge!
We encourage you to contact our office to organise to email or drop off your information so we can complete your return.
Some facts to help you…..
- Did you know the average ATO refund amount is $2,775.
- The ATO has a range of practical information available on its website to help you prepare information ready to lodge your tax return with us this year.
The ATO has industry & occupation guides to help determine the work-related expenses you can claim ato.gov.au/occupations and deduction fact sheets ato.gov.au/Individuals/Income-and-deductions/Deductions-you-can-claim/#WRE that you can review before you come in and see us so you can get the most from your tax return.
Please always remember to meet the three ATO golden rules when claiming work-related expenses on your tax return:
- You must have spent the money yourself (and not been reimbursed),
- The expenses must be directly related to earning your income and
- You must have a record to prove it.
Contact us ASAP to avoid any potential penalties for late lodgement.